Motivation Monday: a resolution for the week


I can't believe this is it.

Boy, does time fly. I'm now officially in my second semester of senior year... my last semester as a college girl. As cliche as it sounds, it truly feels like just yesterday I said that teary "goodbye" to my mom and dad in my new dorm room. Since then, both sophomore and junior year feel like a blur. I guess time flies when you're having fun! Now, I'm the BMOC (big man on campus), as my dad would say - I'm ready to take on this last semester and graduate into the "real world."

There she is... isn't she a beauty?
Everyone (well, I think) has thoughts of their "senior year bucket list," including me. In fact, I started brainstorming a few must-dos just the other day. I know this may come as shocking news to you all, but the items on my bucket list aren't the typical wild and crazy college moves. The list mostly consists of simple, enjoyable tasks, like completing campus rituals, seeing the sunrise over our town's well-known mountain top, dancing it out at salsa night and enjoying 
these last 16 weekends with the friends that I love.   

The sunsets at my school never fail to be magnificent.
This idea of following through (with bucket lists and New Year's resolutions) can sometimes seem plain down daunting. Intimidating. Instead of making a full year or semester goal, I've decided to add a "Motivation Monday" segment to TF&F. Basically, each Monday we (me included) will be given a week resolution to follow through with. A week isn't so bad, right? Let's give it a go!


Motivation Monday Week 1: Less mirror time

 Coming back to school and being surrounded by a ton of your-age-humans can sometimes lead you into a comparison rut. It's understandable - with the going out scene, social media socialites, groups around campus, etc - but it's totally not worth it. This week, I vow to spend less time analyzing in front of the mirror and more time getting the already large amount of to-dos done. Change your focus.
Plus, more time spent worrying about looks = less time to salsa dance downtown. Who's with me?

Oh, and don't forget, you're so fab.

(Attribution: cardigansandcookies.tumblr.com)
XOXO, Caroline


No comments

Back to Top