Life + Adulting 2.0

Is it really October already?





It feels like just yesterday I was walking across that college graduation stage. Never would I have imagined I'd be where I am right now. A full-fledged New Yorker. Since my last life post, I've settled in a little bit more. My apartment is coming together quite lovely, my sense of city direction is getting better each day, and I've become a pro at the subway (don't quote me on that). 

The experiences I've had these past four months have been unlike anything else I've ever done or seen. From New York Fashion Week, the Hamptons, and my first Yankees game, to breathtaking rooftop views and just soaking up the city's bustling energy — It's been a crazy-cool few months. Not to mention, I've met some wonderful people along the way. Friendships that I'm extremely grateful to have and who make the transition 10 times easier.  


I still tend to be homesick often and always miss my loved ones. It's tough starting a new chapter, especially in a big city. Thank goodness for FaceTime. Luckily, my weeks keep me busy, leaving little time to focus on being away. The best part? Getting to show family and friends around my city when they come to visit.  

Like this weekend. My momma flew up and my brother took the train into NYC. It was a very fun-filled weekend. Together, we knocked off a few items from my bucket list, including trying local eats, running a half marathon in the city, and finding new shopping areas in SoHo. En route to our semi-pre-planned agenda, we stumbled upon plenty of unplanned gems too. It never fails to be a great trip when the family is in town!





I'm excited to see what the next four months will hold and where my adventures will take me. I'm up for anything and have a long NYC bucket list to complete. In the meantime, I'll continue to stay true to myself, while I reach a little bit closer to my dreams.

Thank you for reading! 

No comments

Back to Top