I used a meal delivery service for a week and here's what I learned

Guys, making time for yourself in this "new" working world is tough.


After a long day of work, the last thing I want to do is run home and make a glamorous dinner for one. Especially when cooking isn't my biggest passion to begin with. While I can make a mean turkey, cheese and lettuce wrap like the next guy, the truth is, it gets old fast. There, I said it. 

It wasn't until the second week in my studio apartment, that I found a company who could potentially solve all my bland cooking problems. And boy did they succeed. Fast, healthy, little to no effort (on my part)... and bon appetit, dinner is served. Did I mention they deliver? If you're salivating at the thought of all this ease, let me save you some effort. The company's name is Munchery. And boy will you munch. 


So, I decided to order a week's worth of meals... Because I'm wild like that. I hopped on the website, picked out my very non-Caroline-made dinners, chose the deliver dates/times and hit the order button. Making dinner has literally never been easier.

To keep things on the edge, I tried a new meal each night. From salmon with veggies and rice to Sriracha chicken and quinoa, I was certainly eating well this week. No doubt. Each meal arrived right within the time frame I chose and the delivery service was extremely helpful. Opening my apartment door to those beautiful, bright orange bags gave me life. Dramatic, but true — thank you, Munchery!

Reasons to Order from Munchery:

1. Money. Everything was very reasonably priced. Varying between 7 and 15 dollars, you really can't beat that. In fact, I started wondering if there's even a real need for grocery trips. Especially if you'll spend more money on food that will either A. expire or B. not be as filled with variety and yumminess as a delivered meal from Munchery.

2. Time. This was one of my favorite parts about the week. Being short on time means you run home and throw something together, only to try and get in bed at a decent time. Knowing that a freshly cooked meal would arrive at my door allowed so much more me-time. Before dozing off, I'd catch up on my favorite websites, scroll through social media and even FaceTime the fam. Doesn't get much better than that!

3. Portions. A week of Munchery is like a week of meal prepping, minus the time commitment. With so many healthy and protein-packed options available, it's a win-win. The size of the meals were perfect for me... not too much, but not too little. I never felt uncomfortable or stuffed once *insert praising hand emoji.* Perfect portions, perfect week of "meal prepping."



4. Ingredients. Each meal I ordered arrived noticeably fresh. Folks, what you see is what you get — which I love. The ingredients listed on the label are plain and simple. No insane words that you can't pronounce, no unnecessary additives. They even package the dressings and sauces separately, giving you the option to pour as little or as much onto your meal.

5. Variety. Lastly, and most important for the easily bored, there are so. many. options. Just take a look at their menu. They're constantly adding new meals to the list and recycling through different choices for different days. Try a shrimp salad one day and a pan seared salmon and rice bowl the next. Heck, you can even splurge by adding a sweet ending for only a couple extra bucks.

All in all, my week of delivered meals was a success. I highly suggest it. Now, BRB, need to place my orders for next week. 

Copy & paste the following address into your URL for $20 off your Munchery meals: munchery.com/invite/3B7TB4DC

No comments

Back to Top