Making healthy a lifestyle



                             

                                            

                              


Fourth stop: Vevey, Switzerland 

Bonjour! The next stop on our adventure abroad is Vevey. This is the most breathtaking place I've ever seen. In all honesty, I've fallen completely in love with every aspect of the city: the simplicity, people, stores, lifestyle, dogs (so many pugs) and most definitely the scenery. I can assure you that I'll be back one day... And hopefully to stay for quite a while!




One of my favorite parts about Vevey (though I can't say that I'm able to narrow it down to just one) is the active lifestyle that the residents have adopted, seriously! Within the three days we've stayed here, we've seen non-stop exercise -- the people of Vevey definitely take advantage of their beautiful surroundings and climate. In each direction there are rollerbladers, bikers, yogis, walkers, runners, paddle boarders, kayakers and even "Razor scooter" riders (remember them?!) of all ages. This is quite an active town... I love it! 


When comparing Vevey to my hometown there's an obvious difference in the level of outdoor exercise... Or exercise in general. Sure, accessibility is a key difference when comparing the two, but there are always ways to incorporate the daily dosage of exercise... regardless of location. To me, the same thought holds true with age. In Vevey, it seemed as though everyone wanted to participate in some form of movement/activity. Little tikes were taking sailing lessons, teens were rollerblading down the street together, adults were biking and jogging and (my favorite) the elders were partaking in a stretching class, which turned into a walking club! Each stage of life within the town utilized their time to lead a healthier lifestyle. Can you tell I'm in love? 







As I was soaking in every ounce of their lifestyle and admiring the entire town's want to participate in living a healthy lifestyle, I came across the infographic below (on one of my favorite blogs, http://stronglikemycoffee.com) -- I think it's just perfect! The graphic was made by the Bankers Healthcare Group on account of their survey results (from multiple health and wellness bloggers). In short, the survey is a "snapshot of health-minded individuals, those of us interested in living well tend to use many different strategies and regimens to complement our lifestyle and reach our fitness goals." 

To see the infographic in a bigger view, click here. Take a look and tell me your thoughts. There are multiple ways to become motivated and incorporate healthy living into your day-to-day agenda... Make being healthy a lifestyle

                           


No comments

Back to Top