Happy Father's Day


    
              
This one's for you pops.  

Dear Dad,

I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Why? Because on March 3, 1994, I was blessed with such an amazing daddio. Since that glorious, monumental day (my birth), our time together has been nothing less than a blast. From coaching my extremely competitive goofy soccer teams, teaching me how to fish and turning the sunroom into a ballroom for some late night dancing to Butterfly Kisses... to convertible joyrides, NCIS marathons and just hanging around with "ole dad," every moment with you is so so special to me. Thank you for your endless love. 


You teach me new information each day. You're my go-to guy for all things cooking, politics (Pick Rick for President), cars and, well, really anything confusing. Basically, you're my human Google. Aside from your extreme dad-stuff knowledge, there are a few life lesson I'll never ever forget; unfortunately, getting my car inspected on time isn't one. So, here it is:

Life Lessons from Dad

Be a friend. This one I've learned by example. Anyone and everyone that you pass by, you treat with such acceptance and kindness. Everyone's a friend — nobody's left out. To me, this is such an admirable trait. One that everyone should strive to adopt. Whether it's the very first time or 100th time you meet someone, it never fails that they leave smiling and laughing at your quick jokes. Yeah, I guess you're pretty funny. Be kind, be a friend; we're all just walking each other home. 


Chase my dreams. Ever since I was a little-er girl, you've instilled so much confidence in me. Teaching me to never shy away from my dreams — no matter how big or small. To "bust that ceiling out; the sky's the limit." Your empowerment and belief in my capabilities is something I'll hold onto forever. Trust me, this doesn't mean I don't need my Prep Team anymore. No no. I'll never outgrow needing your encouragement. Heck, I'll never outgrow needing you.     


Work hard. You're the most hard-working person I know. That's not all. You give everything you do 110 percent. Maybe that's the whole point of working hard; either way, you've got it down. I believe you've cursed blessed me with this trait. It's likely that I'll take the most minuscule of tasks and turn it into a headache. Annoying in the moment, but worth it in the end. If it's worth doing. it's worth doing right. You've showed me that diligence and perseverance will always pay off in the long run. Because of that, I'll always try to go that extra mile.     


Roots and wings. Lastly, I think we can all agree that you (and mom — hi mom) have given Trey, Jamie and I roots, but you've also given us wings. A place to always call home and run back to, as well as the freedom to fly and reach the stars. What better gift can I ask for? Sure, we're scattered around the country reaching our stars, but I know you wouldn't want it any other way. You know what else I know? You'll always be waiting, arms wide open, when we come back home.


I love you more than you'll ever know. Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Love,
Caroline  

No comments

Back to Top